One moment you're endlessly mowing the grass, & the next enjoying an abundance of home grown vegetables !
Ingredients & process
1) Place on the ground the 12 sleepers (in this case 3m x 250mmx 75mm Baltic pine) to form 3 square raised veg beds
2) Attach (with a drill) each corner with 2 no.timberlok screws (in this case 6" ones)
3) Cover the bottom with manure /compost & then fill up with top soil. This is often the most tiring bit !
4) Plant up your rows of carrots, beetroot, onions etc..
5) Within weeks you can savour those fresh picked lettuces and sweetpeas ! Life will never be the same again.
As in the picture sleepers can be placed on the surface to walk on to avoid soil compaction.
An amazingly simple transformation from lawn to attractive, productive vegetable garden in several quick steps. An excellent example of the ease of using railway sleepers.